The Kia Seltos made its global debut recently and the new SUV will rival the likes of the Nissan Kicks, Renault Captur and Hyundai Creta among others in the Indian market. Now according to a media report, a few leaked documents reveal the variant details that the Kia Seltos is likely to come with.
The Kia Seltos will be offered in three petrol variants – GTK, GTX, GTX+ and five diesel variants – HTE, HTK, HTK+, HTX and HTX+. Following are the variant details as per the leaked images.
- GTK – This is likely to be the base trim and is expected to get LED healights, LED taillights, LED DRLs, LED fog lamps, 17-inch alloy wheels, smart-key with push button engine start/stop function, steering mounted controls, cruise control, reclining rear seats with AC vents, ambient mood lighting with sound effects, etc.
- GTX – In this trim the car is likely to get a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with UVO Connect, 7.0-inch multi-information display, driving modes, automatic climate control, rainsensing wipers, wireless charging, tyre pressure monitoring system, etc.
- GTX+ – The top-spec variant in the petrol line-up is likely to be offered with a 8-speaker Bose surround sound system, 360-degree camera, sunroof, ventilated seats, 8-way adjustable powered driver seat and front parking sensors.
The petrol powertrain options are likely to be a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated engine and a 1.4-litre turbocharged unit with a 6-speed manual transmission on the base GTK trim. A 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated engine with 6-speed manual and optional CVT and a 1.4-litre turbo petrol matched to a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox on the GTX variant and only a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox on the GTX+ trim.
- HTE – This base trim in the diesel option is likely to get features like front and rear faux skid plates, shark-fin antenna, follow-me-home headlights, 4-speaker audio system, rear AC vents etc.
- HTK – The HTK is expected to get the same features as mentioned on the GTK petrol.
- HTK+ – It is likely to get projector headlamps with LED daytime running lights, smart-key with push button engine start/stop function, steering mounted controls, powered ORVMs, ambient mood lighting, etc.
- HTX – This trim variant is likely to come with LED healights, LED taillights, LED DRLs, LED fog lamps, 17-inch alloy wheels, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with UVO Connect, 7.0-inch multi-information, leather wrapped steering wheel, wireless charging, reclining rear seats, tyre pressure monitoring system, etc.
- HTX+ – The top trim diesel variant is likely to get driving modes, UV-cut glass, rain-sensing wipers, sunroof, ventilated seats, 8-way power adjustable driver seat, 8-speaker Bose audio system, 360-degree camera, driver rearview monitor, etc.
The engine configuration in the diesel trims are likely to be a 1.5-litre diesel engine paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox on the base HTE, 1.5-litre diesel engine likely to be offered with a 6-speed manual transmission on the HTK, 1.5-litre diesel engine with an option of 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission on the HTK+, 1.5-litre diesel engine paired to a 6-speed manual gearbox on the HTX and a 1.5-litre diesel engine with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox on the HTX+.
Apart from these features the Kia Seltos is also likely to get a host of safety features with the mandatory AIS-145 features like driver airbag, driver and co-driver seatbelt reminder, over-speed alert, rear parking sensors and ABS as standard with top variants likely to come with 6-airbags, hill start assist, brake assist, vehicle stability management, electronic stability control, front parking sensors, and blind spot monitoring.