Ford has officially revealed the 2015 Endeavour SUV which could hit the Indian streets later next year.
This next-generation Endeavour is based on the ‘Edge’ design philosophy and the car looks completely different from the current Endeavour we have on sale. The car looks much bigger in proportions thanks to the increase in height. The car is built on an all-new ladder on frame chassis which will enhance its off-road abilities. Rear suspension setup is also changed from leaf springs to independent coil springs. The new ‘Terrano Response’ 4WD system will adjust traction, torque and other elements to offer better off-road performance.
Indian model is expected to make use of the same 2.5L and 3.0L diesel engines currently on offer. However, Ford might change the current 5-speed gearbox to a newer 6-speed unit.
- Bolder front grille in chrome
- Taller design adding to the butch looks
- Prominent silver skid plate at the front and back
- Projector headlamps
- Chrome ORVM casing & door handles
- New alloy wheels
- Side step
- Tailgate mounted spoiler
- Roof antenna at the back
- Completely redesigned dashboard
- 4-spoke steering wheel
- 8 ” touchscreen infotainment system
- Automatic climate control
- Digital + Analogue instrument cluster
- Centre console mounted 2nd row AC vents
- 7-seater with 50:50 3rd row split and 60:40 2nd row split
- 7 airbags, blind spot warning, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, curve control (minimise body roll), active park assist etc.
Expect pricing to be higher than the current model, in the range of Rs. 20 – 25 lakh. The SUV will be produced in Thailand and brought to India via the CKD route.