Tata Motors has received an order for 623 Marcopolo buses from multiple state transport authorities.
The order includes:
- 120 units for Calcutta State Transport Corporation
- 120 units for Meghalaya Urban Development Authority
- 73 units for Tripura Urban Transport Company Limited
- 270 units from Assam State Transport Corporation
- 40 units from Naya Raipur Development Authority
This is a part of the 2,700 units order for Tata Urban buses under JNNURM-II scheme.
Marcopolo currently has 60,000 buses plying on the Indian streets.
Source – ET Auto