The Tata 45X is a premium hatchback which will be launched to rival the likes of Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Hyundai Elite i20 & Honda Jazz. The Tiago has been very well accepted, and Tata is sure that the 45X hatchback will also carve a decent space for itself in the segment. The Tata 45X has now been snapped revealing the interior design of the car, which does premium.
- Floating touchscreen infotainment screen
- Steering wheel mounted Controls
- Cruise control
- Engine start / stop button
- Automatic climate control
- Layered dashboard design
- Chrome accents on buttons and gear knob
- A pillar mounted tweeters
- Grey + black, dark themed interiors for sporty feel
- Storage spot above the glovebox
Based on the Impact Design 2.0, the Tata 45X hatchback, which could be christened as the Aquilla is due for a launch in 2019. This will be the brands first genuine effort in the premium hatchback space. However, with the Tiago JTP performance hatchback already in place, Tata Motors will have to consider to offer decent pep in this premium offering.
Powering the Tata 45X could be the same engines from the Nexon compact-SUV. Expect 1.2L Revotron petrol and Revotorq diesel engines matched to a 6-speed manual or 6-speed AMT gearbox options.
How much price premium do you think is justified for the Tata 45X over the Tiago?