BMW has revealed the facelift 6-Series range of cars including the Coupe, Convertible, Gran Coupe and the M6. The facelift models are expected to make a debut at the 2015 Detroit Motor Show and are India-bound by late 2015.
Changes on the 6-Series:
- Restyled front and rear bumpers
- LED headlamp as standard
- Revised kidney grille
- New alloy wheel design (17″ & 18″)
- New interior trim colours
- Head-up display as standard
The updated BMW 6-Series remains mechanically identical but is now EU6 complaint and boasts improved efficiency. The car is also quicker off the line and the petrol motors get a new sports exhaust with a switchable flap as standard.
- 3.0L, 316 BHP, in-line, 6-cylinder petrol in the 640i
- 4.4L, 444 BHP, V8, TwinTurbo petrol in the 650i
- 3.0L, 309 BHP diesel in the 640d
All engines are mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox and gets paddle shifts on the steering wheel
The M6 facelift gets a 4.4L, TwinTurbo, V8, petrol motor producing 552 BHP of power and powers the rear wheels only. This model is mated to a 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission controlled by an M-differential. The car can perform a 0-100 kmph stint in 4.2 seconds and has an electronically limited top speed of 250 kmph.