Hungary based car navigation solutions provider NNG is aiming to gain 70% market share in the Indian after-market segment within the next four years.
The company has already launched the iGO Primo Nextgen solution which can be paired with smartphones easily along with their local partner ANS. Currently NNG has around 55% market share in the Indian market, and around 70% globally.
So achieve this target, the company is in talks with OEM suppliers to roll out the iGO Primo Nextgen to car manufacturers. Some features of the service are listed below:
- Free, on-board smartphone application with navigation
- Easy map update process for the head unit via the smartphone
- Well-established and familiar payment process via the in-app shop for online services and map updates
- Contacts, favorites, destinations, routes, navigation history can be synchronized between the phone and the head unit
- Overall significantly lowered entry barrier for value added services
- Connected services: local search, weather, fuel prices, parking
- ”Back to car” feature – The smartphone application always ”knows” where it has last ”seen” the car, so one can always navigate back to the vehicle
- Different scenarios of map management through in-app shop, Latest Map Guarantee
Source – ET Auto