Uber India has released the annual report about how Indians used the ride-hailing company in India. The insights have also revealed interesting trends of Indian cities as well as the habits of Indians.
2022 Uber analysis
Thanks to rider insights and data, Uber has been able to consolidate its data to share a report of insights. These include the highest number of trips, the total number of kilometers covered in Uber trips, popular travel trends in intercity travel, the city with the most late-night trips, and also several rider preferences.
In 2022, Indians began travelling in earnest for the first time after the lockdown. Uber trips covered 4.5 billion kilometers in India. This is equivalent to travelling from the Earth all the way up to Neptune.
The most popular option for the riders was the Uber Go, followed by Uber Auto in a close second position. Uber Auto numbers tell us the fact that users are preferring app-based ride hailing options even for conventional modes like an Auto.
In terms of city data, in the highest number of trips taken per city, Delhi NCR stood in the top spot. This was followed by Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Kolkata, in that order. Not only did Delhi NCR have the higher trip, they also had the highest office time trips. This shows the preference of office goers in and around the Delhi area.
Here is a consolidated overview of insights:
- Indians spent 11 billion minutes traveling in Ubers, getting to where they wanted
- Most Uber trips were booked between 5PM and 6PM
- The most popular day of the week for booking an Uber was Saturday
- What’s Diwali without exchanging a little Mithai and nothing better than having someone else do the delivery. October 22 saw the highest number of package deliveries through Uber Connect in 2022.
- As many as 53% of the Uber trips in 2022 had riders shower drivers with their appreciation in the form of a 5-star rating.
- In terms of preferences for Uber Rentals rides with multiple stops, most riders opted for the 2 hour, 20 kilometer package, helping them get done with business meetings, doctor visits, and other chores.
India’s Uber 5
- Delhi NCR
Fastest Cities in India (Avg speed):
Slowest Cities in India (Avg Speed):
India’s Top Intercity Routes
- Mumbai – Pune
- Mumbai – Nashik
- Delhi – Agra
- Jaipur – Chandigarh
- Lucknow – Kanpur
Top 5 Longest Trips
- Delhi – Purnia
- Delhi – Madhubani
- Bangalore – Mumbai
- Delhi – Varanasi
- Delhi – Ahmedabad