Reports on the internet suggest that Yamaha is gearing up to launch a new 114cc scooter. Named as the Delight, this retro-classic looking scooter is expected to rival the likes of the Piaggio Vespa.
Expected price is in the range of Rs. 49,000 – 55,000.
Powering the Delight is a 114cc, single-cylinder, SOHC, 4-stroke, air-cooled petrol motor producing 7.1 BHP of power @ 7,000 RPM and 7.6 Nm of torque @ 5,500 RPM mated to a CVT gearbox.
- Chrome surround on the round headlamp
- Forged brake levers
- Telescopic front forks
- Unit swing rear suspension
- Silver alloy wheels
- Front disc brake
- Chrome ornament on the front apron
- Turn indicators on the front apron
- Elonagted tail lamp with chrome surround
- Rear tyre hugger
- Full black exhaust
- Analogue instrument cluster & fuel gauge
- Fuel filler cap below the handlebar
If the Delight does launch in the Indian market, it will offer a good change in terms of looks compared to the Ray scooters in the Japanese manufacturers line-up.
Source – GaadiWaadi