Volkswagen Motorsport in India conducts the One-Make Series and the Ameo Cup now gets recognization of National Championship in India from the Federation of Motorsport Club of India (FMSCI). The Ameo Cup is now named as the Ameo Class in the National Championship and the format of the series will remain unchanged. Due to its new status, the Championship will now hold more weight. And the winners of the season from now onwards will be recognized as Indian National Champions in the Ameo Class.
The format will be of 10 races over 4 weekends with the first round held at Kari Motor Speedway near Coimbatore and the second and third rounds at MMSC and the final round at the Formula 1 Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida.
The technical specifications for the Race Ameo used in the championships are as follows:-
- 1,798cc inline-4-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that can produce 205 PS of power and 320 Nm of torque coupled to a 6-speed sequential gearbox with a Sachs racing clutch and a limited slip differential front wheel drive. The shifters are paddle type on the steering wheel with electromagnetic actuators and the car uses 97 Octane fuel.
- The suspension on the Race Ameo is a McPherson strut with modified kinematics and 2-way adjustable KW dampers along with a 3-way adjustable stabiliser on the front and a torsional beam axle with 2-way adjustable KW dampers and modified kinematics.
- The brakes are 334mm ventilated discs with uprated calipers on the front and 232mm disc with uprated calipers on the rear, equipped with a racing ABS
- The car gets an electric power steering with racing software and MRF 205/60 R17 tyres.
- The electronics package includes a Motec M142 engine management system, 120MB data logging Motec C125 with colour dash display and Motec PDM30 with battery isolator
- In terms of safety, it gets an FMSCI certified 8-point comprehensive roll cage, 6-point racing seatbelt with OMP seats and driver gear and an FIA regulation on-board fire extinguisher.
Volkswagen Motorsport has been conducting the one-make-race, in India since 2010 with the Polo Cup. the race is held at the Madras Motor Sports Club (MMSC), promoter of the MRF FMSCI national championship.