Tata Motors has announced that their upcoming Nexon EV electric SUV will come with 35 connected car features via the ZConnect App. This application will go live and functional from the date of launch of the Nexon EV. Tata Motors has developed this new Ziptron electric car technology which will allow customers to drive up to 312 km (as certified by ARAI) on a single charge.
Following are the key features which can be used via the ZConnect App:
- Check charge status, range available to drive, see battery charging history, find nearest charging station, etc.
- Remote lock / unlock car and use lamps and horn
- Pre-cool the cabin by turning on the AC for specified time
- Drive diagnostics
- Navigation for long trips with charging station locations
- Sharing live location
- Find nearest charging station (300 stations by Tata Power across metro cities so far)
- Find nearest Tata Motors service facility
- Crash notifications to emergency contact & Tata Motors cloud
- Panic & SOS notifications
- Stolen car tracking & remote immobilization
- 20 car healthy and safety alert notifications
- Geo Fence, time fence, speed limit alerts
- Driver analytics to create EV community with scorecards
The Tata Nexon EV will come with a 30.2 kWh battery pack with 320 V. The PMSM motor on the Nexon EV will help generate 129 PS of power and 245 Nm of torque matched to a single-speed automatic gearbox. The Nexon EV will take 1 hour to get a 0-80% fast charge while on a standard 15 A charger, it will take 8 hours from 20% – 100%. The Nexon EV weighs 1400 kg and can sprint from 0-100 kmph in 9.9 seconds.