Car News News

Skoda Enyaq iV eSUV interior design sketch revealed ahead of official debut

Nizam Shaikh
Written by Nizam Shaikh

In the recent past, Skoda unveiled the brand’s first all-electric production model-based SUV dubbed the Skoda Enyaq iV based on the Volkswagen Group’s MEB (Modularer E-Antriebs-Baukasten) Modular Electric car platform. The brand has planned the electric SUVs debut on 1st September and Skoda has now revealed the design sketch of the interior of the Skoda Enyaq ahead of its planned introduction. 

The Skoda Enyaq iV measures 4,648 mm long, 1,877 mm wide and has a height of 1,618 mm. Size-wise the Skoda Enyaq iV sits between the Skoda Kodiaq and the Skoda Karoq. The Skoda Enyaq iV benefits from the lack of the transmission tunnel on the MEB platform offering more space on the inside and a flat floor. The brand has also revealed that the Enyaq iV will get a multi-layered dashboard combined with roomier interiors and a ‘Lounge Feeling’ experience. 

The Enyaq iV also features an additional storage compartment beneath the centre console, generous legroom, extra space in front of the centre seat, large space for passengers and 585-litres of luggage space for long-distance travel. The Skoda Enyaq also comes with a 13-inch touchscreen display with internet-connected features, a heads-up display along with augmented reality features, use of natural and recycled materials such as olive leaves tanned leather seat upholstery, seat covers made of 40 per cent new wool and the remaining 60 per cent from a blend of polyester procured from recycled PET bottles. 

In terms of its exterior styling, the brand revealed the Skoda Enyaq with a camouflaged skin in the past which appears to have a closed front grille to improve its aerodynamic efficiency, air intakes on the bumper to aid cooling, aero ducts that flank the front bumper, sleek LED projector headlamps, LED daytime running lights, raised bonnet, rounded wheel arches, alloy wheels with air curtains to minimise air resistance, flared shoulder lines, integrated tailgate-mounted spoiler at the back, LED tail lamps and shark-fin antenna. 

Skoda Enyaq iV