Volkswagen India has launched the refreshed 2014 version of the Vento sedan at a starting price of Rs. 7.44 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai).
- 1.6L MPI: Rs. 7.74 – Rs. 8.87 lakh
- 1.2L TSI DSG: Rs. 9.35 – Rs. 9.92 lakh
- 1.5L TDI: Rs. 8.57 – Rs. 9.90 lakh
- 1.5L TDI DSG: Rs. 10.49 – Rs. 10.94 lakh
The biggest change on the refreshed model is the new downsized 1.5L TDI engine which churns out 104 BHP of power and 250 Nm of torque. Apart from a 5-speed manual transmission, one can also opt for a 7-speed DSG automatic transmission. For petrolheads, you still get the same 1.6L MPI motor pumping 104 BHP and 153 Nm mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and a 1.2L TSI engine producing 104 BHP and 175 Nm mated to a 7-speed DSG transmission.
Changes on the 2014 version include:
- 7-Speed DSG (petrol and diesel) available in comfortline and highline variants
- Dual barrel, smoked out headlamps
- New front grille
- 15″ Spokane alloy wheels
- Chrome ring on the fog lamps
- Minor revisions to tail lamps
- New Toffee Brown exterior paint
- New 3-spoke steering wheel with piano black inserts and integrated controls and flat bottom
- Silver centre console
- Ambient lights
- Bigger MID
Safety features on the Vento include ABS, EBD, dual front airbags, and ESP and Hill Hold on the DSG transmission variants.