The 3rd generation Skoda Superb will be officially revealed around February 2015 and is all set to hit the Indian streets by the end of 2015.
Powering the new Skoda Superb will be a 2.0L, turbocharged diesel motor producing 170 BHP of power and a 1.8L, turbocharged petrol motor producing 177 BHP of power. Skoda will most likely offer both the engines coupled to a DSG gearbox.
Exterior styling has clearly taken design inspiration from the Vision C concept. An already long and comfortable sedan, with the new Superb, dimensions are expected to increase. Based on Volkswagen’s MQB platform, the Superb is expected to get a bump of 75mm in wheelbase over the current model. Headroom for the rear passengers could also be increased without increasing the roof line.
- Flatter and sharper design
- Projector headlamp
- LED DRLs
- Wider front grille with chrome inserts
- Single horizontal slat in the air dam
- New fog lamp design
- Multiple crease lines on the bonnet
- Logo on the bonnet and not on the grille
- Sharp shoulder lines
- Multi-spoke alloy wheels
- New ORVM design
- Blackened B-pillar
- Sharkfin antenna
- Blackened rear bumper
- Sloping roof line
- Typical ‘C’ shaped tail lamps
- Chrome weather strips
- Reflectors on the rear bumper
- No more twin-door bootlid
- 625 litres of boot space
- Wooden inserts on the inside
- Leather seats
Pricing is expected to increase with the new model, since the Octavia comes if very close at the moment.
Source – Autocar