The next-generation Audi Q7 has made it to the Indian soil and has started the testing process. This also suggests that the Q7 SUV could launch in India ahead of its 2016 schedule and be available for sale towards the end of 2015. A quick search on Zauba.com also reveals that Audi has imported 7 units of the new Q7 to India, all of which are powered by 3.0L diesel engines.
Audi revealed plans that it wants to launch as many as 10 new models in India next year, and the Q7 would be one of it.
This is the 2nd generation of the Q7 SUV and it drops the previous roundish design language for a much sharper and flatter design.
- Length: 5,050mm (down by 37mm)
- Width: 1,970mm (down by 15mm)
- Height: 1,740mm
- Wheelbase: 2,990mm
- Weight: 1,995 kg (lighter by 325 kg)
Engines: (Mated to an 8-speed timptronic automatic transmission with Quattro AWD)
- 3.0L, V6, TDI producing 272 BHP and 600 Nm
- 3.0L, V6, TDI producing 218 BHP and 500 Nm (to come later)
- 3.0L, V6, TFSI producing 333 BHP and 440 Nm
- 2.0L, TFSI producing 252 BHP and 370 Nm (Asia & USA specific)
- 3.0L, e-tron, diesel plug-in hybrid producing 375 BHP & 700 Nm
Audi will also offer optional all-wheel steer system which can turn the rear wheels up to 5 degrees.
- Headlamps with a choice of Xenon, LED and Matrix LED
- Dynamic turn signals in tail lamp
- LED tail lamp
- Sharper, flatter design
- Single frame front grille
- Multi-spoke alloy wheels
- Dual exhaust tips
- Chrome weather strips
- Silver roof rails
- Sharkfin antenna
- Rear fog lamps integrated in the bumper
- Small roof spoiler
- New steering wheel with silver accents
- Pop-up MMI screen with new MMI all-in-touch control
- TFT screen for instrument cluster
- Ambient lighting
- Optional 10.1″ screens for rear passengers
- Bose 3D stereo system / Bang & Olufsen 3D stereo system
- Electric sunroof
- ABS, EBD, BA, Airbags, Audi pre sense, cross traffic assist, rest recommendation, cruise control, park assist, etc.
Source – Carwale