Mini India will launch the next-generation 3-door and 5-door Mini in India on November 19, 2014. The company had released a teaser image before indicating that the launch was just around the corner, and now, the brand has officially announced the launch date.
Changes on the new Mini include:
- Based on the BMW UKL platform
- Taller, wider and longer than the outgoing model
- New headlamps
- LED DRLs
- New tail lamps
- New exterior body colours
- More space in the cabin
- Redesigned rear seat
- More boot space
- Revised instrument cluster in front of the driver on the steering column
- Infotainment system on the dashboard (centre)
The Mini will be powered by a 1.5L, 3-cylinder motor producing 134 BHP of power and the Mini Cooper S will be powered by a 2.0L, 4-cylinder motor developing 189 BHP of power. The Cooper D will be powered by a 1.5L, 3-cylinder diesel motor producing 114 BHP of power.