MG, short for Morris Garages has revealed India’s first internet car today. The car comes packed with a lot of advanced technologies and features. The brand was founded in the UK in 1924 and has catered to the British Royal family, the British Prime Minister and a lot of celebrities. MG set up their car club in the 1930s and has more than a million fans in the UK. The brand has its manufacturing plant in Halol, Gujarat and the MG Hector will be launched soon. The car has more than 50 connected features and is India’s first 48V hybrid SUV. The MG Hector also comes with 19 exclusive features in its segment.
On the exterior, the MG Hector comes with LED projector headlamps and LED daytime running light which sits flush to the bonnet shut line and syncs with the chrome trim on the mesh grille. The bumper on the front has integrated headlights and fog lampsand the rear bumper has integrated LED fog lights and LED tail lights.
On the interior, the Hector gets an iSmart 10.4-inch vertically stacked touchscreen infotainment system which is largest in its segment. The car also has 7-inch coloured instrument display, 8-colour ambient lighting, 360-degree camera, a surround sound system from Infinity, leather upholstery, powered seats, dual pane sunroof, etc. The iSmart system is 5G ready and has connected mobility and features a voice assistant which comes alive by voice commands for multiple daily functions. The iSmart system has live navigation, mobile app, a music app from Gaana, e-call, a weather app and it is enabled to receive over-the-air updates.
In the engine department, the MG Hector is powered by the following engine options:-
- 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine which produces 143 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque available in a manual gearbox as well as an automatic DCT (dual clutch transmission)
- 2.0-litre diesel engine which produces 170 PS of power and 350 Nm of torque
Petrol manual trims will come with a 48V mild hybrid system with E-boost, regenerative braking and engine auto start-stop. The hybrid system is available on select petrol manual trims and reduces emissions by 12%.
The MG Hector comes with 19 exclusive features which are as follows:-
- India’ First Internet Car with OTA
- Biggest Exterior Dimensions (Length 4655mm and Wheelbase 2750 mm)
- 48V Hybrid SUV
- Biggest Interior Space
- Biggest Boot Space
- Biggest Panoramic Sunroof
- Biggest 10.4-inch high-definition Touchscreen Infotainment Display
- Biggest in segment 7-inch digital coloured information screen
- First-in-segment LED Headlights and Taillights
- First-in-segment floating turn signal indicators
- First-in-segment 3-point seat belts for all passengers
- First-in-segment 360-degree camera
- First-in-segment front parking sensors
- First-in-segment Infinity Surround sound system
- First-in-segment heated ORVMs
- First-in-segment 4-way power adjustable co-driver seat
- First-in-segment powered tailgate with one-touch operation
- First-in-segment 8-coloured ambient lighting
- Best-in-segment fuel efficiency (Diesel MT & Petrol MT Mild Hybrid)
MG will set up a touchpoint network of 120 outlets in 50 cities across India which they plan to increase by more than 250 outlets by the end of September this year The Halol plant has an annual production capacity of 80,000 units and MG will begin deliveries from next month.