At the opening ceremony of a Product Engineering Centre in Beijing, Mercedes-Benz has revealed a new compact crossover concept named as the G-Code.
Mercedes suggests that this new compact crossover will slot below the GLA range and will fight against the upcoming Audi Q1. Mercedes-Benz dubbs the G-Code as a SUC (Sports Utility Coupe) and it measures 4.1 metres in length, 1.9 metres in width and 1.5 metres in height.
- Backlit front grille with big three-pointed star (Mercedes-Benz logo)
- LED headlamps
- Counter opening doors
- Retractable roof rails
- 21″ aluminium alloy wheels with carbon fibre spokes
- LED tail lamps with a light strip which runs across the tailgate
- 2 + 2 seating configuration with changing ambient lighting
- Carbon fibre and leather seats with cooling and heating functionality
- Docking station on the centre console
Powering the G-Code will be a hybrid motor comprising of a combustion engine and an electric motor. The combustion engine will run on hydrogen and drives the front wheel only. The electric motor drives the rear wheels and delivers the power via a dual multi-disc clutch. However, one can choose between the 2WD layout by using it as a FWD with the combustion motor or as a RWD using the electric motor.
The G-Code gets ‘Multi-Voltaic Silver’ paint which works as a solar sell to produce electricity and is charged electrostatically by the relative wind or natural wind when vehicle is stationary.