A couple of days back, spyshots emerged on the internet of the upcoming compact-SUV from Maruti Suzuki codenamed as the YBA. While those pictures only revealed the front and side profile, a new spyshot has now been shared which reveals the rear end design of the SUV. This baby SUV is based on the XA Aplha concept revealed at the 2012 Indian Auto Expo and has taken rather long to materialise. Maruti could either launch it during the 2015 festive season, or push the launch even further to the 2016 Indian Auto Expo.
Sub-4 metre in design, expect Maruti to price it very competitively, possibly undercutting the prices of the Ford EcoSport.
- Sub-4 metre in length
- Blackened A, B and C pillars
- Suzuki grille in chrome
- Wide air dam
- Flat front end design
- Smoked out headlamps
- Front fog lamps
- ORVMs with turn indicators
- Roof mounted antenna
- 5 bi-spoke alloy wheels
- Pull-type door handles
- All-black interiors
- Black fabric seats
- Small roof mounted spoiler
- Black plastic cladding around the car
- Rear wash and wipe
- No tailgate mounted spare wheel
- 3-tone rear bumper, with blackened portion and a faux skid plate in silver
- Reflectors on the rear bumper
- Number plate mounted on the tailgate
- Conventionally opening (upwards) tailgate
- Roof rails
- Wrap around tail lamps
Reports now suggest that Maruti could give the popular 1.3L diesel engine a miss and replace it with yet another Fiat-sourced diesel motor, however, a bigger 1.5L unit. This motor is expected to produce ~ 100 BHP of power. Maruti could also offer AWD as an option on the YBA compact-SUV to add more value compared to competition.
Officially, the compact-SUV could be named as the Maruti Suzuki IV4.
Source – ACI