The upcoming Maruti Suzuki hatchback codenamed as the YRA has been caught completely undisguised revealing all details. Maruti Suzuki will surely not be happy with this scoop since all that needs to be known is almost out. The YRA will slot in above the Swift and below the Ciaz. Primary target for the YRA will be the Hyundai Elite i20 and the upcoming Honda Jazz.
Powering the hatchback will be a 1.2L petrol and a 1.3L diesel motor. A 1.4L petrol motor is a possibility.
These spyshots were taken on international soil and hence, the car seen is LHD unit.
Key elements on the YRA:
- Noticeably different from all Maruti products currently on sale, fresh design
- Honeycomb mesh front grille extending towards the headlamps
- Headlamps look slightly similar to those on the Swift, but have their share of differences
- Round fog lamps in a plastic housing
- Regular, horizontal air dams
- Turn indicator mounted on power folding ORVM
- Side body moulding
- Chrome door handles
- Gloss black B & C pillar
- Noticeable rear quarter glass
- 16″ rim size
- Rear wash and wipe
- Spoiler on the rear windscreen
- Small tail lamp unit, doesn’t look like an LED unit
- Reflectors on the rear bumper
- Much bigger boot space than the Swift
- Flat dashboard top
- Big infotainment screen in the centre
- Centre console in silver shade
- Automatic climate control
- Blue and white backlit instrument cluster
- MID in the instrument cluster
All this put together at a good price, and of course coupled with the Maruti Suzuki badge will turn into a winner in the segment. Hyundai, Volkswagen, Honda etc. should think of a better plan to fend off this incoming competition.
The YRA should be launched by of before the festive season next year.
Pricing is expected to be in the range of Rs. 5.5 – 8.5 lakh
Source – MotorOctane