Kia is the world’s 8th largest car manufacturer as of date, and is all set to make a debut with their SP2i SUV in the Indian market. The Kia SP2i is going to be a mid-size SUV which will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, MG Hector, Nissan Kicks and the likes. Today, Kia Motors has revealed the design sketches of the upcoming SP2i SUV, and we have to agree, that things look very promising and premium.
Kia Motors will have a global debut of the SP2i SUV in India on June 20th, 2019.
Kia Motors claims that the interiors of the SP2i have been built from high, best quality interiors as per segment standards. The interiors will be youthful and luxurious delivering an enriching cabin experience. With metallic finish for the AC vents, sweeping dashboard design, ambient lights, tech features, grab-bar for the passengers and a floating centre console screen will make things special inside the SP2i SUV.
Kia reveals that the SP2i will sport a large 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment screen with navigation. The SUV will get automatic climate control and the new element in the segment would be sound mood lighting.
Looking at the interior sketches, one can note the following:
- Steering wheel with thumb contours
- Steering wheel with infotainment & MID controls
- Twin-pot instrument console with large MID in between
- Touchscreen infotainment which mingles with the instrument console panel
- Automatic gearbox
- Mode selector button next to the gear console
- Controls next to gear console for features like Traction Control etc.
- Large door pockets
- Centre armrest
- Dual tone interiors
- Flat dashboard top section
- Contrast stitching on the seats
- Metallic / contrast inserts on door panel
- Wireless charging
- Cup holders behind the gear console
The Kia SP2i SUV is built at Anantapur, in Andhra Pradesh. Trial production has already started on June 29th, 2019. The SP2i SUV is expected to launch in the second half of 2020 and prices are expected to be in the range of INR 12 – 18 lakh ex-showroom.