With Kawasaki reducing the prices of the Z800 superbike, a comparo was inevident between these high-performance naked motorcycles available for sale in India.
- Kawasaki Z800: Rs. 7.35 lakh (ex-showroom Pune)
- Triumph Street Triple: Rs. 7.65 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Triumph Speed Triple: Rs. 10.70 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Triumph Speed Triple: 1,050cc, 3-cylinder petrol motor producing 127 PS & 105 Nm
- Kawasaki Z800: 806cc, 4-cylinder petrol motor producing 113 PS & 83 Nm
- Triumph Street Triple: 675cc, 3-cylinder petrol motor producing 79 PS & 57 Nm
If you look closely at the pricing and the power delivered, the Kawasaki Z800 smashes the Triumph Street Triple easily on paper. The Z800 even gets closer to the Triumph Speed Triple with a price tag cheaper by almost Ts. 3.5 lakh.
The price cut on the Kawasaki Z800 however is only up to end of March, 2015.
What would be your pick if you were looking for a supernaked?