The iconic American Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has been spotted testing in India. The Wrangler is a capable off-road machine and the Rubicon model is the high-end variant in Jeep’s Wrangler line up. The test mule was seen in around Pune in a three-door variant. Internationally a five-door variant is also available.
On the exterior, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon in the 3-door body features Jeep’s trademark 7-slated grille design. The rounded LED headlamps, with the front fenders housing the LED daytime running lights and a muscular plastic bumper which integrates the small but functional fog lamps. The bonnet has ‘Rubicon’ branding on its sides and the wheels are 17-inch alloys shod with off-road tyres. The rear has a spare wheel mounted on tailgate and plastic bumpers with integrated reflectors and squared off classic tail lights.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is powered by:-
- 3.6-litre 24-valve V6-cylinder Pentastar petrol engine with 285 BHP of power and 353 Nm of torque with a 6-speed manual gearbox and an optional 8-speed automatic on the standard model.
- A 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol producing 270 BHP of power and 400 Nm of torque is expected to come as an option.
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon model gets a 4 wheel drive system with a 4:1 Rock-Trac HD transfer case with locking differentials as standard. Other standard features include performance suspension, rock sliders, a protective fuel tank skid plate and a transfer case skid plate.
The other engine options available for the Jeep Wrangler in the U.S are:-
- 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol producing 270 BHP of power and 400 Nm of torque.
- 2.2-litre 4-cylinder diesel producing 197 BHP of power and 450 Nm of torque.
- 3.0-litre V6-cylinder diesel producing 240 BHP of power and 570 Nm of torque.
On the interior, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon sports an instrument console with a twin-dial analogue tachometer and speedometer and a central digital colour MID which displays real-time transfer case status and other statistics. A 7-inch and 8.4-inch option on the touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration and a lot more features. The SUV comes with Dual-zone air conditioning system and the seats are offered in leather trim options.
The Jeep Wrangler also comes with different roof options such as:-
- Three piece body coloured Freedom Top
- Sky One-Touch power top
- Three-piece black Freedom Top
- Black Sunrider soft top
- Premium tan Sunrider soft top
- Premium black Sunrider soft top