According to a media report, CFMoto a Chinese motorcycle manufacturer is likely to bring its products to our market in July 2019, and we expect to hear an official date from CF Moto soon. The Chinese brand has produced 90 vehicles and 51 engines and also holds 272 registered patents and intellectual rights.
For our country, the brand is expected to bring four motorcycles which are as follows:-
It is also being further speculated, that CFMoto will bring the 400NK and the 250NK, which we have already reported earlier. AMW Motorcycles, which is the Indian partner in operations has listed the 250NK, 400NK, 650NK and the 650MT on their official website. The 300NK and 250NK share their mechanical hardware and styling and the 300NK is speculated to be a rebored version of the 250NK. While the 650NK, 650GT and 650MT are expected to be powered by the same engine but in different states of tune.
The engine specification of the expected motorcycles are as follows:-
- 250NK – 249.3cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, four-valve, DOHC engine producing 26.5 PS of power @ 9000 RPM and 22 Nm of torque @ 7500 RPM
- 300NK – 292.4cc, single-cylinder, liquid cooled, four-valve, DOHC engine that produces 40 PS of power @ 7200 RPM and 20.5 Nm torque @ 8800 RPM
The 650NK, 650MT and 650GT are powered by a 649.3cc, inline-twin-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 8-valve, DOHC engine with electronic fuel-injection from Bosch and the engines are likely to be tuned differently via the EFI system and the power specifications are as follows:-
- 650NK – 61.1 PS of power @ 9000 RPM and 56 Nm of torque @ 7000 RPM
- 650MT – 70.7 PS of power @ 8750 RPM and 62 Nm of torque @ 7000 RPM
- 650GT – 61.1 PS of power @ 9000 RPM and 58.5 Nm of torque @ 7000 RPM
The motorcycles will compete with already established brands in the Indian market. The 300NK will rival the likes of the BMW G 310 R, KTM 390 Duke and Bajaj Dominar 400. The 650NK will rival the naked street fighters like the Kawasaki Z650 and Benelli 600i . The 650MT will compete with Kawasaki Versys 650 and Benelli TRK 502. The 650GT rivals the Kawasaki Ninja 650 and Honda CBR650R.
The Bengaluru based AMW Motorcycles is likely to import the vehicles via the CKD route and the motorcycles will be assembled locally at their Hyderabad facility. The motorcycles are expected to be on sale in Bengaluru and Hyderabad in the initial stages with further expansion in major cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai.