The BMW X6 M rival, the Mercedes-Benz GLE63 AMG Coupe has been spotted testing, almost undisguised.
Mercedes-Benz had introduced the Concept Coupe at the Beijing Motor Show and the production spec car has been christened as the GLE-Class. Teaser images of the GLE Coupe have already been released and the new offering is expected to debut at the North American Motor Show in January, 2105.
Overall body shell of the GLE is expected to remain identical to the spied GLE63 AMG.
Seen here in the spyshots:
- X6-like sloping roof line
- Twin-blade AMG front grille
- Ventilating scoops on the bonnet
- Sporty front bumper with larger air dam
- LED headlamps and tail lamps
- Quad exhaust tips
- Tailgate mounted spoiler
- Panoramic sunroof
- Sharkfin antenna
- Side steps with metallic accents
- Performance brakes with red calipers
- 7 bi-spoke AMG alloy wheels
- Small & raked rear windscreen
The GLE63 AMG is expected to be powered by a 5.5L, V8 motor producing 525 PS and 700 Nm. However, power and torque figures are expected to be bumper up to compete with the BMW X6 M.
Expect the GLE-Class to debut in India in the second half of 2015.
Source – WorldCarFans