Benelli revealed their line-up for the Indian two-wheeler market earlier this month, and today we will share details about the TNT 899, naked sportsbike.
The bike is powered by a 899cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, 4-valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder petrol motor producing 121 BHP of power @ 9,500 RPM and 88 Nm of torque @ 8,000 RPM. Engine is mated to a 6 speed gearbox.
- Steel trestle frame painted in red
- Marzocchi upside down front fork
- Rear monoshock
- Dual 320mm front discs and single 240mm rear disc brake
- Digital + analogue instrument cluster
- Underseat exhaust with LED tail lamps on either side of the exhaust
- Split and step-up seats
- Radiator fan mounted under the side floating cowl
- Forged levers
- LED turn indicators on side cowl
- Carbon fibre inserts
- 16L fuel tank capacity
- 202 kg wet weight (without fuel)
The bike is expected to be assembled in India via the CKD route. Pricing is expected to be in the region of ~ Rs. 8 lakh. Official launch is just about a month away and we should have the final pricing and dealer network details by then.
The Benelli group was founded in 1911 and has a long standing heritage in the history of motorcycling and motorcycle sports. The company churns out ~30,000 units globally.