Benelli will launch the range of motorcycles they displayed last month in the Indian market by December 2014. The company has ambitious plans of not only getting the bikes down to India via the CKD route, but also, in the future, commence local production of mass market motorcycles.
The Benelli BN 600GT might not be a looker in one go, but it offers a lot more function over form. It is a sports-tourer, although, a bit quirky to look at.
Powering the Benelli BN 600GT is a 600cc, in-line 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC petrol motor producing 82 BHP of power @ 11,000 RPM and 55 Nm of torque @ 8,000 RPM. Engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox and has fuel-injection technology with four-o-38-mm-throttle-bodies.
- Semi faired with a prominent wind deflector at the front
- Single piece, step-up seats
- Dual headlamp setup with a projector
- LED tail lamp
- LED turn indicators
- Digital + analogue instrument cluster
- Underbelly exhaust
- Steel tube trellis front chassis and aluminium alloy casting at the back
- Upside down front fork
- Rear adjustable monoshock with preload
- Twin-320mm front disc brakes and single 260mm rear disc brake
- Metzeler tyres
- Aluminium alloy wheels
- 800mm seat height
- Wet weight of 223 kg
- Massive 27 litre fuel tank
With the launch just around the corner, the Indian motorcycle enthusiast will all of a sudden have more options to choose from with Benelli bringing in a wide range of motorcycles. Kawasaki, Triumph and Honda are already gearing up for their new launches. The Indian sportsbike & superbike market is expected to double in the near future with multiple brands entering and trying to reach out at an affordable price.