The fourth generation, all-new BMW X5 was launched today in Mumbai, India. The all-new BMW X5 will be locally produced and will be available at BMW dealerships starting today onwards. Initially, only the diesel model will be introduced with the petrol model following later this year. The all-new, locally produced, X5 comes in three trim options Sport, xLine and M Sport. The all-new X5 will be available in two diesel options X5 xDrive30d Sport and xDrive30d xLine and another petrol engined variant X5 xDrive40i MSport will be available later this year.
The exterior of the all-new X5 features a large one-piece kidney grille with a muscular bonnet-line and large air ducts on the bumper towards the outer edges. The headlight come with BMW laser lights with blue elements and the taillight have a 3D wrap-around design.
The interior of the all-new BMW X5 is packed with features like a 40:20:40 split rear seats which increase the boot capacity from 650-litres to 1870-litres. The BMW X5 also features a panoramic sunroof called, ‘Glass Roof Sky Lounge’ with 3D light graphics. The BMW X5 has connected features on its infotainment system and has Wireless Apple CarPlay integration, BMW Gesture control, BMW display key, wireless charging, BMW heads-up Display, etc. The instrumentation console has a 12.3-inch screen with BMW Live Cockpit Professional with BMW Operating System 7.0 which includes 3D navigation and more. The car also has Parking Assistant Plus with a 360-degree camera.
The engine on the all-new BMW X5 comes in two variants and the specifications are as follows:-
- 2,993cc six-cylinder, 4-valve per cylinder twin-turbo powered diesel engine which produces 265 HP of power @ 4000 RPM and 620 Nm of torque @ 1500-2500 RPM coupled to an 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission
- 2,998cc six-cylinder, 4-valve per cylinder twin-turbocharged petrol engine which produces 340 HP of power @ 5500-6500 RPM and 450 Nm of torque @ 1500-5200 RPM mated to an 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission with gearshift paddles on the steering wheel.
Also note that the 3-litre, 6-cylinder petrol engine on the all-new BMW X5 is a BSVI emission compliant motor.
- BMW Laser Light Headlamps
- LED taillights
- Aluminium satinized roof rails
- Crafted clarity glass Gear Selector and iDrive Button
- Velour floor mats
- An automatic 4-zone climate control
- Sun protection glazing
- Aluminium running board
- Electrically operated split tailgate and many more.
The all-new BMW X5 comes with six airbags, Attentive assistance, Dynamic Stability Control, cornering braking control, electric parking brake with auto hold, side impact protection, crash sensors, ISOFIX child seat mounts, etc.
The BMW X5 is priced at INR 72.90 lakh for the BMW X5 xDrive30d Sport, INR 82.40 lakh for the BMW X5 xDrive30d xLine and INR 82.40 lakh for the BMW X5 xDrive40i M Sport.