9/10 buyers in India want safer cars with safety rating

Written by AnantaSaranNayak

A survey commissioned by Skoda Auto India, conducted by NIQ BASES, has some key revelations. It says safety is the top priority for car buyers. The study found that 9 out of 10 car buyers believe that all cars should have a safety rating. The number of airbags and crash ratings were identified as the two most influential factors in making a purchase decision. Fuel efficiency ranked as the third most important feature.

What Does The Survery Say?

The survey included participants from the age group of 18-54 years in the SEC A and B categories. 67 per cent of respondents are current car owners with vehicles costing more than INR 5 lakh. The remaining 33 per cent were non-car owners who planned to buy a car in the same price range within a year. The gender distribution of respondents was 80 per cent male and 20 per cent female.

Among the survey findings, the crash rating of a car received the highest priority with an importance score of 22.3 percent. The number of airbags came in second place with a score of 21.6 percent. Meanwhile, fuel efficiency was deemed the third most important factor with a score of 15.0 per cent. When it came to crash safety, a full 5-star rating was given the highest priority. Interestingly enough, 6.8 percent of respondents chose a zero rating, indicating their lack of concern for safety.

Skoda India And Its Commitment To Safety

Škoda Auto India emphasised the safety parameters. As it is deeply ingrained in Škoda’s DNA. Thus it also highlighted their longstanding commitment to crash tests and safety. Škoda cars have been crash-tested globally since 2008. And they have consistently received a 5-star safety rating in India. Škoda was recognized as one of the top three brands with models having high safety ratings. This perfectly aligns with the company’s values and their focus on meeting the demands of safety-conscious consumers.

Also Read: Škoda allots more Kodiaq SUVs for India to reduce delivery time