Hero MotoCorp unveiled the Hastur sportsbike at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo. This motorcycle has been built in collaboration with Erik Buell Racing. Both the companies are now planning to introduce the Hastur and the 250cc HX250R in international markets. Markets are yet to be decided where these bikes will wear a Hero MotoCorp badge or a EBR badge.
The Hero Hastur is the most dynamic looking motorcycle ever revealed by Hero MotoCorp. The naked, street-fighter design with sharp headlamps and exposed chassis lends it a mean look.
Powering the Hastur will be a 620cc, liquid-cooled, parallel twin, DOHC engine mated to a 6 speed gearbox. This engine will be capable of producing 79 BHP of power @ 9,600 RPM and 72 Nm of torque @ 7,750 RPM.
Hero Hastur features:
- Dual projector headlamps
- LED tail lamps
- Split and step-up seats
- Adjustable clutch and front brake levers
- Bar end mounted rear view mirrors
- Small floating cowls mounted above the engine on the frame
- Built on a exposed Trellis frame
- Adjustable upside-down front fork
- Coil over rear monoshock suspension
- Dual 300mm front disc brakes and a single 220mm rear disc brake
- Underbelly exhaust
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres
- 15 litre fuel tank with 2 litres for reserve
- Top speed of 240 kmph
- 0-100 kmph in 3.8 seconds
- 160 kg wet weight
When launched, the Hero Hastur will be the most powerful motorcycle in the Hero MotoCorp line-up. Pricing is expected to be very competitive, however there is no rough estimate shared as of now.
The Hastur will compete against the Kawasaki ER6n, Benelli BN 600i, Triumph Street Triple etc.
Ever thought about this being possible? A manufacturer who also manufactures the Splendor commuter to fight with the big guns in the superbike segment? Good times for biking enthusiasts in the near future.