Come 2020, this is the all-new Skoda Octavia we will have in our showrooms. This is the 4th generation Skoda Octavia for the world, technically the 5th if one considers the model sold between 1959-71. Skoda has revealed a station wagon (aka Combi), liftback sedan and a plug-in hybrid variant of this all-new Skoda Octavia. The Skoda Octavia rivals the likes of Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla Altis and Hyundai Elantra in India.
The biggest changes on the 2020 Skoda Octaiva are the dimensions. The Octavia liftback sedan is now 19mm longer, 15mm wider and now measures 4689mm in length and 1829mm in width. The 2020 Skoda Octavia Combi is also longer by 22mm and wider by 15mm. The wheelbase of the new Skoda Octavia measures 2686mm in wheelbase. The Octavia was already a spacious sedan, and now the 4th generation of the liftback has 600L of boot space which is 10L more. Kneeroom for the back seat passengers has improved by 5mm now claimed at 78mm.
For 2020, the Skoda Octavia sedan will ditch the 4-pot headlamp cluster to a normal headlamp design. The car will come with optional matrix LED headlamps, LED tail lamps, multi-spoke alloy wheels, chrome accents for the DLO, sharkfin antenna, Skoda lettering on the tailgate instead of the logo, blacked out B-pillar, rear bumper with a black plastic lower section, LED fog lamps, wider front grille with chrome surrounds, LED DRLs, bold crease lines all-around and more.
Inside the 2020 Skoda Octavia, the most beautiful addition is the 2-spoke leather wrapped steering wheel, full digital speedometer cluster, floating touchscreen infotainment screen, ambient lights, satin finish on the dashboard and door trims, leather upholstery, new gear console, layered dashboard design, wireless charging, etc.
Engine options for the 2020 Skoda Octavia:
- 1.0L, 3-cylinder petrol motor producing 110 HP and 200 Nm with mild hybrid
- 1.5L, 4-cylinder petrol motor producing 150 HP and 250 Nm along with an electric version with ‘e-TEC’
- 2.0L, 4-cylinder petrol producing 190 HP and 320 Nm with a DSG gearbox sprinting from 0-100 kmph in 6,9 seconds and a top whack of 323 kmph
- 2.0L, 4-cylinder diesel producing 116 HP, 150 HP & 200 HP variants with torque as high as 400 Nm sold with 6-speed manual or 7-speed DSG options
- 1.5L TSI G-TEC which is a CNG version and uses a 4-cylinder motor producing 130 HP and 200 Nm
Skoda will first offer the Octavia Combi station wagon to the masses and the liftback sedan would follow. In India, we expect the 4th generation Octavia sedan by mid-2020 along with a sporty ‘RS’ version to come later.