Bookings for the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R opened last month on the 26th and was open through the month of May. And now, the updated 2020 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R has been launched in India. The 2020 Ninja ZX-10R has a revised engine and comes with more technology than its predecessor. The Ninja ZX-10R is assembled in India and is the most affordable litre-class motorcycle in the country.
The Ninja ZX-10R now comes with an updated engine, the new 2020 X-10R gets a 998cc, liquid-cooled, 4-valve per cylinder, DOHC motor that produces 203 PS of power @ 13,500 RPM without RAM air induction, and 213 PS of power using the RAM air intake and delivers 114.9 Nm of peak torque mated to a 6-speed transmission. The engine on the predecessor produces 3 PS less power. The newly updated engine also features advanced tech such as a finger follower valve actuation, a valve train designed by Kawasaki’s WSBK engineers, which helps reduce mass and allows for a faster revving engine. The new ZX-10R also has an up and down quick-shifter as standard.
The ZX-10R will come with twin semi-floating 330mm Brembo discs with radially mounted Brembo monobloc 4-piston calipers. The rear brake is a single 220mm with a single piston caliper. The brakes come equipped with a KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent Anti-Lock Brakes). The bike has a kerb weight of 206 kg and has a 17-litre fuel tank capacity.
Upgraded features on the new Ninja ZX-10R are as follows:-
- An Increased power output of 203 PS, 3 PS more
- Finger follower valve actuation
- DLC (Diamond-like Carbon coating) on the finger follower
- Cylinder head ready for High Lift Cam
- Red painted cylinder head cover
- Dual Direction Kawasaki Quick-Shifter (KQS)
Other key features available on the 2019 ZX-10R are:-
- World Superbike developed Balance Free Front Fork
- Balance Free Rear Cushion (BFRC)
- Cornering management function
- Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock brake system
- Sport-Kawasaki traction control
- Kawasaki launch control mode
- Electronic throttle valves
- Aluminium twin spar frame
- Aluminium swingarm
- High-performance Brembo brakes
- Cassette type transmission
- Öhlins Electronic steering damper
- Bosch Inertia Measuring Unit (IMU)
As reported earlier, the bookings for the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R opened last month and the bike is available in limited numbers. The 2020 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is priced at INR 13.99 lakh ex-showroom, Delhi and the deliveries will begin in the month of June.