Kawasaki India is gearing up to launch the new 2020 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R and the Ninja ZX-10R KRT (Kawasaki Racing Team). The new 2020 Ninja ZX-10R has an updated & more powerful engine with a wider power band than the current (outgoing) bike.
In the engine department, the 2020 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R gets a 998cc, liquid-cooled, 4-valve per cylinder, DOHC motor that produces 203 PS of power @ 13,500 RPM, without RAM air induction and 213 PS of power with RAM air intake and has 114.9 Nm of torque mated to a 6-speed transmission. The older model makes 3 PS less power as compared to the new Ninja ZX-10R.
The chassis on the ZX-10R is cast aluminium twin-spar frame and rides on 43mm diameter inverted Balance Free Front Fork with external compression chamber with spring preload adjustability and top-out springs. On the rear, a horizontal back-link, lite gas charged suspension with a piggyback reservoir is seen.
The stopping power on this powerful machine comes from dual semi-floating 330mm Brembo discs with radially mounted Brembo M50 monobloc 4-piston calipers. The rear brake is a single 220mm with a single piston caliper. The bike has a kerb weight of 206 kg and has a 17-litre fuel tank capacity.
Some notable features of the ZX-10R are:-
- Finger follower valve actuation
- Diamond Like Coating (DLC) on Finger Follower
- Cylinder head ready for high lift cam
- Cassette transmission
- Titanium exhaust
- Öhlins electronic steering damper
- Bosch Inertia Measuring Unit (IMU)
- World SuperBike developed Balance Free Front Fork
- Horizontal back-link suspension
- Balance Free Rear Cushion (BFRC)
- Cornering management function
- Kawasaki Engine Braking System (KEBC)
- KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock brake system)
- S-KRTC (Sport-Kawasaki traction control)
- Kawasaki launch control
- Electronic throttle valves
- Aluminium twin spar frame
- Aluminium swingarm
- High-performance Brembo brakes
- Kawasaki quick shifter
The majority of other design elements and components remains the same and the KRT edition will sport the livery inspired from the WSBK bike and will have LED headlamps and tail lamps.
The pricing on the new model is yet to be revealed. The outgoing Ninja ZX-10R costs INR 14.30 lakh ex-showroom, Delhi. The bookings for the new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R have been opened from 26th April with a booking amount of INR 1.5 lakh. Bookings are open till 30th of May.