Maruti Suzuki has officially launched the 2018 Ciaz facelift in India with prices starting from INR 8.19 lakh (ex-showroom). The 2018 Ciaz comes with a host of cosmetic changes, feature additions and even mechanical upgrades. It now picks up a fight to become the best-selling sedan in the C2 segment against the Honda City & Hyundai Verna.
- Ciaz Sigma Petrol MT: INR 8.19 lakh
- Ciaz Delta Petrol MT: INR 8.80 lakh
- Ciaz Zeta Petrol MT: INR 9.57 lakh
- Ciaz Alpha Petrol MT: INR 9.97 lakh
- Ciaz Delta Petrol AT: INR 9.80 lakh
- Ciaz Zeta Petrol AT: INR 10.57 lakh
- Ciaz Alpha Petrol AT: INR 10.97 lakh
- Ciaz Sigma Diesel MT: INR 9.19 lakh
- Ciaz Delta Diesel MT: INR 9.80 lakh
- Ciaz Zeta Diesel MT: INR 10.57 lakh
- Ciaz Alpha Diesel MT: INR 10.97 lakh
The biggest change on the 2018 Ciaz facelift is that it gets a new 1.5L petrol motor. This new K15B motor replaces the old 1.4L petrol engine, and now, also comes with SHVS technology. The new 1.5L, 4-cylinder engine produces 104 HP of power and 138 Nm of torque matched to either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic gearbox. Fuel efficiency is claimed at 21.56 kmpl for the manual and 20.28 kmpl for the automatic variants. The diesel engine remains unchanged, a 1.3L block with SHVS producing 90 HP of power and 200 Nm of torque matched to a 5-speed manual gearbox with a claimed mileage of 28.09 kmpl.
The 2018 Ciaz facelift comes with LED headlamps with projectors, LED DRLs, LED fog lamps, LED tail lamps, new diamond cut alloy wheels, extra chrome accents for the front fog lamp housing & on the rear reflector housing, new sleeker front grille, light wood trim on the interior, cruise control, new speedometer console with blue backlit, new MID, and carries forward the existing feature list from the outgoing model.
The good thing about the 2018 Ciaz is that the diesel variants are cheaper than before. Also, with the additional equipment on offer, the Ciaz now makes a strong contender in the segment especially with the SHVS technology.