Mercedes-Benz has already revealed the new nomenclature for their range of cars going forward. The current generation GL-Class SUV which we have on sale in India, will be dubbed as the GLS when the facelift arrives here in India around 2016. Now, the first batch of spyshots have emerged on the internet of the GLS-Class SUV testing on international soil.
- Updated front end design with a more aggressive look, may be on similar lines of the GLE-Coupe
- Bolder twin-slat front grille
- Revised front and rear bumpers
- New curved headlamp design
- Revised bonnet design
- New alloy wheel design
- Redesigned tail lamps
- New exhaust tips
- New 8″ command system
- Minor tweaks to the dashboard design
- Revised interior upholstery
Engines are expected to be carried forward without any changes in the layout and technology. But we can expect a slight bump in the power and efficiency department. Currently Mercedes-Benz sells a GL 350 CDI (diesel) and a powerful GL 63 AMG (petrol) model in India.
When launched, the GLS will rival the next-generation Audi Q7 which is on its way to make a global debut in the near future.
Indian debut is expected either in late 2015 or early 2016.
Source – WorldCarFans