Revealed at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo, the Bajaj CS400 motorcycle gathered a lot of eyeballs at the event. Not only was the styling appealing to a wider audience, the detailing was also much toned down than that of the 400SS, the bike looked quite substantial as well.
CS stands for ‘Cruiser Sports’.
With the Pulsar 200SS production and launch delayed to early 2015, the launch of the CS400, naked motorcycle has also been pushed forward.
Here is a list of 15 things you need to know about the Pulsar CS400:
- Will be powered by a 375cc, liquid-cooled, 4-valve, triple spark, fuel injected motor coupled to a 6-speed transmission. Power and torque figures not revealed yet.
- Brakes equipped with ABS
- Naked, street bike styling
- Upside down front fork and rear monoshock
- Headlamp with bikini fairing and a black lens mask
- All-digital instrument cluster
- Speed and selected gear display on the fuel tank
- Long, single piece step-up seat
- Midship exhaust muffler
- LED tail lamp
- LED turn indicators
- Grab rails for pillion
- 5 bi-spoke alloy wheels in black and silver
- Engine underbelly cowl
- New rear swingarm
If Bajaj could manage to offer all this in the production spec model, the Pulsar CS400 will be a very futuristic and feature packed motorcycle on offer.
Expected pricing is under Rs. 2 lakh (on-road).