The Yamaha RD350 will live forever in the minds of those who love motorcycling. Unfortunately, the younger bunch will never really be able to buy, or even ride a motorcycle of the RD350s nature compared to today’s products.
Motoexotica, a custom bike builder has now come up with a modified RD350, which looks DOPE!
This modified version takes heavy inspiration from the Yamaha SR400 in the looks department. Also, it is completely different from what the original RD350 was.
Here is a list of what has changed:
- Custom build, takes 3 months
- 50% of the chassis is built from scratch
- Front suspension from the KTM Duke
- Re-valved damping
- 330mm Brembo front brake rotor
- LED headlamp
- Digital speedo / RPM cluster
- Custom swing arm with positive locking for axle
- Rear monoshock
- Carbon fibre parts – fenders, side panels & meter bracket built in house
- New exhaust
- New seats
- New rims & knobby tyres
Doesn’t this look good?
Sadly, Yamaha doesn’t have any plans of bringing new products on these lines to our market anytime soon. So let’s drool over this makeover of the legend, the Yamaha RD350.