Honda has been in the news forever for the sales performance of the Activa, but the CB Shine is no slouch. The Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer has announced that the CB Shine premium commuter motorcycle brand has crossed the 70 lakh customer base. Honda claims that the CB Shine is the only 125cc bike in the segment to have achieved this feat.
Also, the Honda CB Shine is the only 125cc model to be in the top 4 selling motorcycles in our country. The CB Shine dominates the segment with 51% market share and also grew by 10% although the segment shrunk by 2%.
Powering the Honda CB Shine is a 124.73cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder, 4-stroke motor producing 10.20 Nm of torque and 10.16 BHP of power matched to a 4-speed gearbox. The CB Shine is sold in 6 colour variants and it also benefits from combi-brake system.
CB Shine Milestones:
- 2006: Launch of CB Shine
- 2008: #1 125cc model within 2 years from launch
- 2010: 10 lakh sales milestone in 54 months
- 2013: Every 3rd 125cc motorcycle sold is a CB Shine
- 2014: 30 lakh sales milestone with 33% market share
- 2015: Sales grow by 14%, Combi Brake System introduced
- 2017: First 125cc model to reach 50 lakh sales milestone
- 2018: 70 lakh sales milestone reached, every 2nd 125cc motorcycle sold is a CB Shine