The EcoSport might be feature rich, but it is also expensive. With what it has to offer inside the cabin in terms of space, the overall touch & feel inside and outside; the pricing is now getting a bit higher to be comfortable with. Ford has hiked the EcoSport prices now by INR 5,000 – 10,000.
Variant-wise updated ex-showroom prices:
- Petrol Ambiente MT – INR 7,82,200
- Petrol Trend MT – INR 8,56,200
- Petrol Trend+ AT – INR 9,75,800
- Petrol Titanium MT – INR 9,55,400
- Petrol Titanium+ MT – INR 10,52,300
- Petrol Titanium+ AT – INR 11,35,600
- Diesel Ambiente MT – INR 8,41,700
- Diesel Trend MT – INR 9,15,700
- Diesel Trend+ MT – INR 9,55,700
- Diesel Titanium MT – INR 10,14,300
- Diesel Titanium+ MT – INR 11,04,300
During this shift, Ford has also removed the ambient light & My Key feature from the Titanium variant. This is now available only on the top Titanium+ variant.
Ford has however introduced new features with this price hike. Rear parking sensors, speed sensing auto door lock mechanism, seat belt reminder warning for passenger is now standard across all variants. Ford now offers a 9.0 inch touchscreen infotainment system with SYNC on all variants except for the base Ambiente variant. The Trend variant now gets a rear view camera as well.
No changes to the mechanicals otherwise. The EcoSport continues with a 1.5L, 3-cylinder, dragon series petrol motor producing 121 BHP & 150 Nm while you can also opt for a 1.5L, 4-cylinder diesel motor producing 99 BHP & 205 Nm. Both engines come matched to a 5-speed manual and you can opt for a 6-speed automatic for the petrol variant.